Bytecoin is the first cryptocurrency based on CryptoNote technology that was launched individually by the members on the 4th of July 2012. Its tokens are named BCN on trading platforms. Bytecoin is actually a private decentralized blockchain platform that serves as an open-source code system. This enables everyone to be involved in the network. It is one of the best blockchains so far that assure users of having an excellent financial privacy.
The creators innovated a platform that gives anonymous transactions in any part of the globe without being charged for any of transactions.
Difference of Bytecoin to other cryptocurrencies
Bytecoin was called “a totally anonymous cryptocurrency”. It is because Bytecoin is the first altcoin based on CryptoNote technology. Due to the multi-signatures used by the platform it results to fine security, and the fact that it works with one-time cryptocurrency addresses.
How to keep your tokens secure
You can download the Bytecoin Wallet to keep your funds safe. This app can be found on the platform’s official website. Once you finished installing the wallet, the software will automatically have your personal address, and after this, you can now trade your tokens. It is best to encrypt your new wallet with strong password to secure it in case the system becomes at risk.
The wallet is user friendly because of its interface. It automatically synchronizes your personal data and gives you the needed information about transactions, payments, and other activities.
Advantages of Bytecoin
- Bytecoin is the first cryptocurrency based on CryptoNote technology.
- Transactions have no charges. The platform delivers payment transfers with high speed. Designers even assure that only need 2 minutes is needed for them to get the confirmation.
- Only you can access your personal wallet. The platform has an innovative and strong security, there is a poor possibility of hack attacks – too much electricity and computer power is needed to destroy the system.
- Users control their privacy. The partners and third parties will see your personal information only if you allow them to do so. If not, there it’s impossible for them to be able to break the security.
- It works as a decentralized platform.
- The network gets more reliable as users involved in the platform increase.
Disadvantages of Bytecoin
- Many new altcoin networks can provide the same services as BCN, it is not that unique anymore. It is difficult to get renewed every time a new cryptocurrency appears.
- According to some users, they are not excited about the Bytecoin Wallet. They say it does not synchronize at all times.
Overall, Bytecoin is an exciting blockchain project that is worth looking into. Hopefully, with further developments and improvements, Bytecoin could join the established ranks of the big cryptocurrencies in the market.