Crypto exchanges are not being left out this sales season with crypto exchange ErisX, raising 27.5 million from fidelity investments, NASDAQ ventures, among other investment firms.
The NASDAQ is the world’s second largest stock exchange while US-based fidelity investments maintain about 7.2 trillion in client assets.
A Reuters report revealed that ErisX will offer both spot trading and in Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and Litecoin (LTC). The near future will also see them offer spot trading in futures if the necessary approvals are secured in time.
NASDAQ confirmed that the Reuters report was accurate though they did not reveal the amounts they had set aside for this venture. Fidelity on the hand is yet to react to the Reuters report.
An excited Thomas Chiappas, who is the ErisX CEO, revealed that the purpose of the investment was to help hire staff while also developing blockchain infrastructure with an aim of taking appropriate steps in order to develop a regulated market for crypto assets.
ErisX has not been of admirers with investments coming in from firms such as DRW holdings, Virtu financial, CBOE global markets Inc., as well as Equity firm, Valor Equity Partners.
Trading publication Bloomberg had indicated that ErisX would also be issuing Bitcoin cash (BCH) support, a detail that was not reported by Reuters.
Latest posts by Kelvin (see all)
- KFC Venezuela Accept Dash as means of Payment - December 10, 2018
- Chinese Miners increasingly Shorting their Positions to Survive the Bear Markets - December 9, 2018
- Crypto-regulations on the Horizon in Chile thanks to Government Efforts - December 8, 2018
- ErisX raises 27.5 million in order to improve blockchain infrastructure - December 8, 2018
- Russian Intellectual Property Court Successfully tests Blockchain Technology for Storing Copyright Data - December 6, 2018