- Circle, according to their latest details, was issuing and repurchasing more USDC tokens. So, it made the weekly circulation increase.
- There was about a $100 million increase in the weekly circulation.
Circle USDC is among the most popular stablecoins due to its large trading volume. Besides other larger stablecoins like the USDT, the USDC follows suit. So, there were some recent actions by the issuer of the token.
Repurchase of More Circle USDC Tokens
- Circle is the entity with the responsibility of issuing the USDC token. So, Coinbase and the team behind the USDC token decided to grant these rights to Circle instead of the usual Centre Consortium. According to an update made some months ago, Coinbase said they no longer continue their partnership with Centre Consortium. So, they chose Circle as the sole issuer and controller of the USDC token.
- There was a new update on the Circle USDC token with regard to the distribution. So, Circle entered a rave of issuing and repurchasing a substantial amount of USDC over the past week. By doing this, it made the number of the Circle USDC tokens in circulation hit new levels. So, data shows the actions from Circle resulted in an increase in USDC circulation by $100 million. This is quite huge considering the position of USDC among other stablecoins in the crypto market. So, the new increase could provide the much-needed boost to push Circle USDC further in the stablecoin rankings.
More Details About the Circle USDC Purchase
- According to the latest data, the latest action by Circle ended up issuing a total of 1.2 billion USDC. On one hand, this shows how the demand for the Circle USDC is increasing. So, it is growing to new levels of demand.
- There was also a repurchase of around $1.1 billion USDC tokens in the new round of actions. So, this recent repurchase from Circle is their effort to bring some balance between their reserves and issuance. According to data from Coinmarketcap, USDC has more than $26 billion in total circulation. Furthermore, it is also among the top 5 trading cryptocurrencies.
Circle Committed to Providing Services
- Some of the actions from Circle show their commitment to improving several areas of their stablecoin. So, this stablecoin issuer wants to maintain the reserve value of the USDC consistently.
- According to data, out of the $26.1 billion in reserves, Circle has about $1.8 billion in cash reserves. So, the implication of this is that it will help in creating an excellent foundation for the stablecoin. This will also provide stability and liquidity for the USDC stablecoin.
Circle USDC is a stablecoin making huge waves in the crypto market. It is among the top 5 cryptocurrencies receiving the most trading from investors. So, Circle recently made some developments with regard to issuing and repurchasing more USDC tokens. This made the weekly circulation of the stablecoin increase by up to $100 million.
The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only and should not be considered financial advice. The article does not offer sufficient information to make investment decisions, nor does it constitute an offer, recommendation, or solicitation to buy or sell any financial instrument. The content is opinion of the author and does not reflect any view or suggestion or any kind of advise from CryptoNewsBytes.com. The author declares he does not hold any of the above mentioned tokens or received any incentive from the company