- The X account of Ethereum co-founder suffered an attack from cybercriminals. They made a post asking people to invest in some NFTs.
- Many lost many of their funds to fees and wallet hacks.
The Twitter account of Vitalik Buterin had a major breach, with the hacker taking over the account. So, the hacker made some misleading posts, causing people to lose their money.
How Vitalik Buterin Lost his X Account
- Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin is one of the most active voices in the crypto industry. He is not only active, but he is also among the most influential persons in the crypto industry. Furthermore, he is so influential that when he recommends a crypto project, many traders immediately rush to see what it is. A recent occurrence changed the dynamics of perception. So, he mostly uses his Twitter to communicate with Ethereum and the whole crypto industry.
- This Twitter account recently made a post, making many people lose money. So, there was a hack on Vitalik Buterin X’s account, and the hacker used the opportunity to make misleading posts. The hacker made a post announcing the launch of a new NFT collection in celebration of a new improvement on the Ethereum network. So, the hacker who made this post said the NFT collection is to celebrate “proto-banksharding coming to Ethereum.”
Vitalik Buterin Post Makes People Lose a Large Amount of Money
- Immediately, this hacker made the post with the NFT collection, and many traders jumped on the malicious opportunity. Many wanted to try it out, as it was a free opportunity to earn NFTs. However, it wasn’t as the hackers put up a malicious link to steal money from people.
- Since many traders jumped at the opportunity, they had to connect their wallets to make the transaction. However, many learned the hard way as the hackers made away with their assets.
- Cryptocurrencies and non-fungible tokens were the major assets people lost from the phishing attack. So, one NFT trader with the username @BokkyPooBha made a post telling people to stay away from the NFT collection. He said he lost some of his CryptoPunks NFTs when he tried connecting his wallet. For some context, the lowest price prevailing for a CryptoPunk NFT is 46.99 Ether.
What Next For Vitalik Buterin
- Vitalik Buterin’s father spoke about the hack of his son’s account. Furthermore, he warned the crypto community about Buterin’s account since it wasn’t him. Twitter (now X) took down the post after the event. However, many are blaming Vitalik Buterin.
- According to some, Vitalik Buterin should compensate the victims of the attack. They say the Ethereum co-founder should beef up the security of his account to prevent such occurrences in the future.
Ethereum co-founder Vitalik suffered a massive hack on this Twitter account. So, the hacker used his Twitter account to make a post asking people to claim free NFTs. The hacker scammed a lot of people trying to claim the free NFTs.
The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only and should not be considered financial advice. The article does not offer sufficient information to make investment decisions, nor does it constitute an offer, recommendation, or solicitation to buy or sell any financial instrument. The content is opinion of the author and does not reflect any view or suggestion or any kind of advise from CryptoNewsBytes.com. The author declares he does not hold any of the above mentioned tokens or received any incentive from the company