- A Bitcoin whale made a transaction worth around 78,275,114 USD. So, the total number of Bitcoins at the time of the transaction was 2,995 BTC.
- The whale behind this transaction moved the tokens from an unknown wallet to Coinbase.
Bitcoin is the apex cryptocurrency and is often the target of crypto whales. So, recent transaction details show how a Bitcoin whale transferred BTC tokens from his wallet to Coinbase. Here are the details.
Bitcoin Whale Moves Over $78 Million BTC Tokens to Coinbase
- According to data from a crypto whale monitoring platform, a Bitcoin whale made some massive sales of the token. So, in the transaction details, the whale transferred the tokens in batches from an unknown wallet. An unknown wallet is mostly a custodian wallet by crypto investors. So, the Bitcoin whale transferred some BTC tokens worth more than $78 million to Coinbase. Moving such a token to a centralized crypto exchange is likely a sell-off.
- But, the sale of these BTC tokens was in batches. It didn’t happen on one transfer. So, the wallet address of the sender is 1Cs…D2D. The wallet address of the receiver is 3Mq…XFd. The Bitcoin whale sent around 2,995 BTC. So, the first transaction was 92.77 BTC. The second transaction was 122.40 BTC. The third transaction was 205.41 BTC. Furthermore, the fourth transaction was 223.84 BTC. The fifth transaction was 424.48 BTC. The sixth transaction was 673.17 BTC. Lastly, the seventh transaction was 1,253 BTC. At the time of the sale, the transaction was worth around 78,275,114 USD.
Did this Move From the Bitcoin Whale Affect the BTC Price?
- One of the major questions crypto enthusiasts ask whenever a whale moves large amounts of cryptocurrencies is the effect. So, the impact of a whale transaction can either be positive or negative. It all depends on whether the whale is selling off or accumulating. It also depends on the current market situation. Sometimes, a whale selling off their crypto holdings might not affect a cryptocurrency as big as Bitcoin. However, there might be some effects, assuming it was multiple sell-offs from a large number of crypto whales.
- In this particular case, this Bitcoin whale selling off some part of his crypto holdings didn’t affect the price of Bitcoin. In fact, BTC’s price is having some bullish rally in the charts. This shows the little effect the Bitcoin whale sale had on the apex cryptocurrency. Furthermore, the price of Bitcoin in the past 24 hours is having close to a 2% increase. The price currently stands at the $26k level. Moreover, the weekly chart has an increase of close to 3%. Looking at the daily and weekly charts, the bulls make up a large percentage of it.
A Bitcoin whale transferred massive amounts of BTC tokens from his unknown wallet to Coinbase. So, transactions like this are usually sell-offs from whales. Many expected the new transaction to have a negative effect on BTC price. However, the reverse is the case for the apex cryptocurrency.
The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only and should not be considered financial advice. The article does not offer sufficient information to make investment decisions, nor does it constitute an offer, recommendation, or solicitation to buy or sell any financial instrument. The content is opinion of the author and does not reflect any view or suggestion or any kind of advise from CryptoNewsBytes.com. The author declares he does not hold any of the above mentioned tokens or received any incentive from the company