Democratic Presidential Candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. made a public appearance as a White House contender at the Bitcoin 2023 conference in Miami, Florida. He announced his exciting plans to support Bitcoin as a tool for protecting freedom in the United States.
He disclosed that his support for Bitcoin was reinforced when he saw how the truckers in Ottawa were treated by the Canadian Government. Truckers, who were holding a protest, had their bank accounts frozen. After witnessing the events, Kennedy realized that “free money” is as important as freedom of expression.
Bitcoin as a Right
The presidential candidate believes that cryptocurrencies can be a tool to stop the government’s totalitarian agenda. And as such should be a right that should never be taken away from citizens. Kennedy’s speech highlighted several changes relating to Bitcoin and digital assets.
- To stop the government’s oppressive monetary control, he wants Bitcoin ownership to be an inviolable right.
- Every person should have the right to own crypto private keys, the same way a person has the right to safeguard car keys or physical wallets. The government should not have any right to anybody’s private keys or passwords.
- Kennedy also promised to uphold the right to run a node at home.
- KYC requirements will only be applied to the level of banks or exchanges and not on node levels.
- He is against the current administration’s plan to impose a 30% tax on crypto mining.
- Kennedy wants the United States to remain the global hub for Bitcoin and others. cryptocurrencies. He plans to do this by reversing the hostile treatment of digital assets.
- He advocates for sensible crypto regulations.
- Kennedy believes that Bitcoin is not a security and should be regulated as such.
- The presidential candidate believes in environment-friendly energy sources, but this should not be used as a reason to suppress the crypto industry.
- Considering pardoning Ross Ulbricht, the founder of Silk Road, who received two life sentences for his involvement in crypto
Bitcoin as Campaign Donation
Kennedy, the vaccine-skeptic environmental lawyer whose uncle was President John Kennedy, said that his campaign would be the first in American history to accept Bitcoin donations through the Lightning Network.
Based on the reactions of the audience, he would probably get a lot of financial support from the crypto space.
Is Kennedy the Savior of Crypto?
Robert Kennedy Jr. gave a great speech that was accepted very well by the crypto community. He promised a lot of pro-crypto changes, but he can only deliver on those promises once he wins the election. However, he faces an uphill battle for the Democratic nomination since he is against the incumbent President Joe Biden. It is reported that even his family is backing the opposition.
Kennedy positioned himself as one of the nation’s most prominent political champions of Bitcoin and the crypto industry. His support for digital assets and freedom is something that resonates well with a lot of people. But will it be enough to put him in office? Nobody knows, but he probably has the votes of those who believe in Satoshi’s vision.
Featured Image from Pixabay
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.