Welcome back to Altcoins at Glance, where we deliver the most important Altcoin news for the week.
We bet that you are keeping a moon bag and waiting for prices to make you tons of money. Well, DOGE is about to reach the moon, but before you buy that Ferrari, it is not what you think.
Keep on reading to get the lowdown.
DOGE to Moon – Literally!
- The Dogecoin community is planning to send a physical DOGE coin to the lunar surface.
- It will hitch a ride on United Launch Alliance’s (ULA) Vulcan Centaur Rocket on December 23.
- It will be sent in a DHL moonbox and will be accompanied by 21 other payloads, including those from the government, universities, and NASA.
- DOGE will be part of the Peregrine Mission One, a project of Astrobotics. Astrobotics will be sending a lunar lander named Peregrine. Aside from the DOGE coin, the lunar lander will also be carrying scientific instruments and mementos.
- The price of DOGE has registered a double-digit percentage increase because of the news.
Singapore’s Central Bank Steps Up Tokenization
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), the country’s central bank, is stepping up in exploring asset tokenization or the process of digitally representing real-world assets on the blockchain.
- The MAS has launched Project Guardian, an initiative with the financial industry that explores the potential of tokenization.
- Seventeen big names in the financial industry are involved in the initiative. It includes JP Morgan, Citi, Fidelity International, BNY Mellon and others.
- Mr Leong Sing Chiong, Deputy Managing Director said:
Project Guardian’s industry pilots have successfully demonstrated that tokenized financial assets such as fixed income, foreign exchange, and asset management products can be traded, distributed, and settled seamlessly across borders.
Circle Ventures Invest in Layer 1 Chain, Sei
- Circle Ventures, the investment Arm of USDC issuer Circle, made a strategic investment in the Layer 1 Chain, Sei.
- Sei is a layer 1 blockchain that was launched in August 2021. It is a Cosmos-based chain and claims to offer high performance, and low latency while offering low fees.
- Circle’s investment will allow Sei to integrate USDC into its expanding suite of applications.
- The investment amount has not been disclosed yet.
Will Other Altcoins Come to Cardano?
- Cardano’s founder Charles Hoskinson unveiled the Partner Chain Network at the Cardano Summit 2023 in Dubai.
- The Partner Chain Network allows developers to create and operate independent and interoperable layer 1 blockchain networks using Cardano’s infrastructure.
- Key features include interoperability, security, and scalability.
- This endeavor is aligned with Cardano’s vision of having a diverse ecosystem of interoperable blockchain. This allows seamless exchange and settlement of digital assets
Binance Labs Adds Arkham to its Altcoins List
- Binance Labs has invested in Arkham’s $ARKM token.
- Arkham is an AI-powered intelligence platform. It was created to enhance transparency within the crypto industry.
- Arkham uses an AI engine called ULTRA to identify anonymous blockchain transactions. This allows users to search for transaction histories and match addresses with real-world entities.
- The intelligence platform has also introduced the Arkham Intel Exchange, an on-chain marketplace that facilitates the buying and selling of blockchain intelligence on a large scale.
- Price of the $ARKM pumped after the announcement.
That is all for the week. Thank you and see you again.